Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Introduction

Recently I took a job as a store detective at a retailer in my hometown. My main duty as a detective is to prevent loss in inventory. Basically I do this through stopping shoplifters and occasionally through the investigation of store associate theft. This job is the best and worst job, all at the same time. It can be extremely exciting; the adrenaline rush when stopping a shoplifter is one of the most intense I have ever felt. However, it can also be one of the most tedious and boring jobs ever; the time spent waiting for an incident to occur can drag on and on for what seems like forever. I will be posting descriptions of the incidents at my store for the purpose of keeping a record of these events and for the enjoyment of anyone interested in reading about them, because honestly I find many of them to be quite funny.


For privacy and confidentiality purposes I will not be using any names or sensitive information. I also will not be specifically referencing the company I work for, and will not be directly disclosing any of our policies or procedures. All you really need to know is that we are not really allowed to use any physical force to stop a shoplifter; all we can really do is try to talk them back into the store to process them and either release them or file charges with the police. If by chance I do refer to myself, I will be using a nickname given to me by some friends (don’t ask how I got it, its too long of a story) but for all intensive purposes I am Tuggs. I will be putting incidents up here as they happen, so they will not be posted with any regularity. I have a few stories to that I will begin with, so there should be a quick influx of post within the first few days of this blog, but after that I cannot say when the next will happen. Also as a disclaimer, since these incidents are so irregular and I want to keep posting as regularly as possible, there is no guarantee that these stories will be funny or even interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment